How Much Does It Cost To Print A Document?
How Much Does It Cost To Print A Document? Have You Ever Considered The True Cost?
Have you ever stood at your printer or photocopier and wondered what it’s actually costing to print the documents whirring away next to you? Chances are you haven’t, in fact most people don’t even stop to think if they really need to be printing at all. How many emails have you printed that could have simply been forward on or shared digitally?
Sometimes it takes real figures to make employees think about what they are doing. Maybe these will shock you?
- The average employee prints around 8000-10,000 sheets per year.
- The average cost of searching for a lost document is £74
- The average spend per employee per year on printing is £700
- According to Gartner, the average cost of printing for a company with £10 million in revenue is between £100,000 and £300,000
How about some more amazing statistics
- 3 out of 4 office workers print from the internet
- The average employee prints 6 wasted pages per day, a total of 1410 wasted pages per year
- One tree can produce around 8000 sheets of paper, that’s one tree per person per year
- Gartner suggests 90% of businesses are unable to estimate how much they actually spend on documentation
- Printing costs are often the third highest operational expense after rent and payroll
- For every photocopied page there are now 4 prints made