ORS Group have been working with the social housing sector for over 20 years. During this time we have provided scanning services to over 150 housing associations throughout the UK. We continue to work with many of these customers to provide regular collections and file updates.
Scanning Services – Overview
Our scanning services are all operated from our headquarters near Southampton, Hampshire. Don’t worry if that’s not local to you though – we offer complete UK coverage with our secure, tracked vehicle fleet.
The most popular documents we scan for our housing association customers include: HR records, tenancy agreements, finance invoices, maintenance invoices, service certificates, tenancy correspondence, application forms and more. We scan all of these into an electronic format(often pdf, tiff or jpeg) and return them to the customer in their chosen format.
Sometimes we directly upload these images into a document management system. We can work with any system including Documotive, Civica Contact Manager, Capita, Swordfish, Serengeti, Invu, DocuWare and all other housing systems. If you don’t require this service we can deliver your images on a USB stick, DVD, upload via FTP or any other method you choose.
- Full UK coverage
- We can scan any size document small or large.
- Small volume or high volume archive? We work on all project sizes.
- We can scan to any image format – TIFF – PDF – JPG and more.
- Colour or black and white.
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition) service available.
- Our scanning services are in full accordance with BSI ISO9001-2008 standards
- All staff are security screened to BS7858 and Home Office audit standards
- Fully documented processes to BIP 0008 legal admissibility standards
- We only use employed staff, we never outsource any part of our processes
- Secure and fully monitored sites with 24/7 production capacity
- High security project areas for sensitive data projects
“ORS Group provided us with a solution and service that made our office move less stressful, whilst also helping to improve the service we can now offer our members”
Jane Greenoak, National Housing Federation