More Than Just Managed Print Services
Most managed print services conversations will revolve around a click charge, pages produced and devices used. Pretty standard stuff.
But here’s a question: What would really help you reduce your print costs?
The simple answer: Printing less
If you think about the documents you print on daily basis, are they all really necessary? The simple answer is no, but for most companies they have no alternative so they keep on printing.
At ORS Group we want to help you use your multi-function devices in the most cost effective way possible and this means printing less and scanning more.
By scanning your documents into DocuWare Cloud rather than printing them, you will see an immediate reduction in print costs. There are a whole host of other benefits too:
- Reduction in toner and paper used. This saves money and has a positive environmental impact.
- A potential to reduce the number of devices you need. If you are printing less then reducing the number of devices makes sense.
- Scanning your documents into DocuWare makes them secure and allows you to share and distribute them.
- Workflows can be setup to automate certain tasks such as invoice approval.
- Documents can be accessed from almost any type of device from almost anywhere in the world.
- Home and mobile working becomes much easier
Sometimes it takes some figures to make the process seem more worthwhile:
- The average employee prints around 8000-10,000 sheets per year.
- The average cost of searching for a lost document is £74
- The average spend per employee per year on printing is £700
- According to Gartner, the average cost of printing for a company with £10 million in revenue is between £100,000 and £300,000
Some more interesting statistics:
- 3 out of 4 office workers print from the internet
- The average employee prints 6 wasted pages per day, a total of 1410 wasted pages per year
- One tree can produce around 8000 sheets of paper, that’s one tree per person per year
- Gartner suggests 90% of businesses are unable to estimate how much they actually spend on documentation
- Printing costs are often the third highest operational expense after rent and payroll
- For every photocopied page there are now 4 prints made